SAINT PAUL BAPTIST CHURCH OF BALTIMORE CITY, INC.
3101 The Alameda (George A. Crawley Jr. Way)
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
Deacon Herbert Holliday, Chairman, Board of Deacons
Trustee Marshall W. Jones, Jr., Chairman, Board of Trustees Rev. Robert Haynes, Interim Pastor
PASTORAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Application Period 5/1/2015 - 1/18/2016
The Saint Paul Baptist Church of Baltimore, Maryland is prayerfully seeking a full-time pastor called by God and equipped to effectively preach and teach His Word. Our next pastor must be responsible for the biblical and spiritual obligations as outlined in I Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9 and also be a man after God’s own heart (I Samuel 13:14). The candidate has to be a born again baptized believer in Jesus Christ and have the ability to fulfill the spiritual needs of the congregation through visitations,prayer, conducting weddings and funerals and administering the Ordinances of the Church. We are seeking a visionary with strong leadership skills who preaches the Gospel of Jesus Christ, teaches sound Baptist Doctrine, engages in pastoral care, directs Christian growth and development and promotes missions and the Great Commission for increasing the Kingdom of God.
The Saint Paul Baptist Church, Inc. has been in existence for one hundred four years. The active membership is approximately two hundred and there are seventeen ministries. Our church is committed to fulfill the church mission: the enhancement and advancement of the Kingdom of God. It seeks to attain this through Worship, the preaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, consistent Christian living by its members, evangelism, missionary endeavors, teaching of sound Baptist Doctrine and Christian Education.
• must be a licensed and ordained minister in the Baptist Faith
• a preacher of the Gospel with five years of pastoral experience
• at least a Master’s Degree from an accredited college, university or seminary
• the husband of one wife
• preferably forty to forty nine years of age
• effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• possess effective administration and leadership skills
• demonstrate financial awareness and responsibility
• demonstrate ability to work with a diverse congregation across all races, genders and ages
• must be committed to continuing education and development
• a teacher of the Word of God
• a visionary with sound judgment and discernment
Interested candidates should submit:
• a completed application and current resume
• copies of degrees, ordination certificate and any other certificates
• a recent color photograph
• two DVD’s of the candidate preaching a sermon and teaching a Bible Study Class
• Statement of Faith and Vision for Saint Paul Baptist Church (1-2 pages)
Please mail the complete application package to:
Trustee Armstead B. Crawley Jones, Sr., Chairman
Saint Paul Baptist Church, Inc.
PO Box # 7242
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
All material must be postmarked by January 18, 2016